Saturday, August 13, 2011

Thoughts on Jay Cutler?

Jay Cutler sat out of the second half of today's NFC Championship Game because of an apparent knee injury. On the sidelines he appeared uninterested and didn't seem to be talking to and supporting Caleb Hanie when he was in. People started to question his toughness and his teammate Brian Urlacher defended him by saying "He's one of the toughest guys on our football team." I've read some stuff on websites about this and the comments people have been writing calling Cutler a and weak. Cutler probably took more sacks than probably any other QB this year and he didn't once complain about it while the people typing those comments probably haven't played a game of football or have had an injury in sports once in their lives. However I do question Cutler in two areas. First, I question his leadership. Like I said earlier, he appeared uninterested and unsupportive of his teammates in the biggest game in his career. I would also like to question his toughness. Even though he took a beating all season long and didn't complain, with a knee injury that doesn't seem to be that serious you should still go out and play in the NFC Championship Game. I think he just quit after his terrible play in the first half and the lead that the Packers had. I live in Illinois and am a HUGE Chicago sports fan. Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks and Cubs (even though the Cubs have mediocre seasons nowadays) are my teams. It is very painful to watch the Bears lose after making a little comeback in the 4th quarter only to have their fait sealed with an interception. It also hurts to bash our quarterback, but I just think he quit on his team. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment